Announcement of Chinese Language Teaching by Confucius Institute at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The Confucius Institute was established at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) in December 2018 and is a collaborative project between AUTh, Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), and the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
The "Confucius Institute" is a non-profit educational organization with the primary goal of contributing to the preservation and dissemination of the intellectual heritage of both countries. Its purposes include teaching and promoting the Chinese language, developing collaborative educational and research programs among universities, and promoting Chinese culture through various cultural and educational events offered to the broader public of AUTh and Thessaloniki.
The spring semester of Chinese language courses for the academic year 2022-2023 covers the period from February 13, 2023, to June 18, 2023.
All interested students, citizens, as well as children and teenagers, are kindly requested to carefully read the announcement and registration instructions and complete the application form they will find by February 6, 2023. here.
General Information About Courses:
- Classes will take place once (1) a week, with English as the primary language of communication with the teacher.
- Specifically, there will be three academic hours (40 minutes each), or two regular hours, once a week (approximately 15 weeks per semester).
- At the end of each semester, students at AUTh undergo a final assessment, and a certificate of attendance is issued. The assessment results do not affect whether a student can continue to attend the same or the next cycle of courses in the following semester.
- In the Spring Semester of 2022-2023, the following levels are offered:
Elementary A for Children & Adolescents (7 years and above)
Elementary A for Adults
Specifically, the following departments are offered for each level:
- Elementary A
- Elementary A (Adults)
- A1 (Α1) - Tuesday 17:00-19:00 Online.
- A2 - Thursday 19:30 - 21:30 Online.
- Elementary A (Children-Teenagers).
- A1 Saturday 12:00-13:30 In-Person.
- Elementary A (Adults)
- Elementary B
- B1 Monday 17:00-19:00 In-Person.
- B2 Wednesday 17:00-19:00 Online.
- Elementary C
- C1 Monday 19:00-21:00 Online.
- Elementary D
- D1 Tuesday 19:30-21:30 In person.
- D2 Friday 19:00-21:00 Online.
- Intermediate A
- Intermediate A Wednesday 17:00-19:00 Face to Face.
- Intermediate A Thursday 17:00-19:00 Online.
- Intermediate Β
- Intermediate B Thursday 17:00-19:00 Online.
- Intermediate C
- Intermediate C Friday 17:00-19:00 Online.
- Wherever the term 'online' is mentioned, the course will be conducted exclusively online in each case to serve our students, including those outside of Thessaloniki.
- Where it is mentioned in the schedule as "In person," it means that the lessons will take place in person, at the premises of the Confucius Institute, Vasilissis Irakliou 32, near Aristotelous Square, on the 8th floor. In case the arrival of a teacher in Greece has not been completed by the start of the lessons, then this specific section will be conducted online until the teacher arrives in Greece. Students of these sections will be informed accordingly before the start of the lessons and will be kept updated on any changes.
- All classes will be conducted face-to-face, provided the conditions allow, following the guidelines of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. All protective measures are taken for participation in face-to-face classes.
- Confucius Institute reserves the right to change the schedule as deemed necessary with notification to the students.
The cost for the semester is:
For Elementary A Children & Teenagers:
- 150 euros for students:
For Elementary A, B, C, D Adults, the cost is:
- 150 euros for undergraduate students (with a student ID):
- 170 euros for employees working at AUTh (with proof of employment)
- 170 euros for unemployed individuals (with unemployment card)
- 200 euros for employed individuals/general category (no proof required)
For Intermediate A, B, and C:
- 170 euros for undergraduate students (with student ID).
- 190 euros for employees working at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (with supporting documentation).
- 190 euros for unemployed individuals (with unemployment card).
- 220 euros for working individuals/general category (no proof required).
- The above fee includes the cost of course materials required for the classes.
Student Selection Process
- Student selection is based on the date of submission of their online application and completion of their registration.
- Within a reasonable timeframe after submitting the application, you will receive information regarding whether your application has been accepted. The informational message will include all details about completing the registration process (such as account numbers, etc.).
- Registration is completed by the immediate one-time payment of the tuition fees due and the submission of a PDF file (and only PDF) of the bank transaction receipt to the Institute's email. Additionally, for your convenience and proper filing, please make sure the file name is in Latin characters, with the student's name (not the guarantor's) followed by the code 99512.
- In case the tuition fees are not paid, the position becomes available to the next interested person based on the order of application submission.
- Refunds are only possible within the first 10 days from the start of the classes. To request a refund, you must follow the provided instructions.
- Please carefully read the registration instructions. here.
- Please check your spam folder regularly.
If you wish to enroll but encounter any difficulties, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can stay updated with our news at:
Facebook Group & Page:
Confucius Institute at A.U.Th