Teaching of the Chinese Language by the Confucius Institute of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The Confucius Institute was established at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) in December 2018 and is a collaborative project between AUTh, Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), and the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
The "Confucius Institute" is a non-profit educational organization with the primary goal of contributing to the preservation and dissemination of the intellectual heritage of both countries. Its purposes include teaching and promoting the Chinese language, developing collaborative educational and research programs among universities, and promoting Chinese culture through various cultural and educational events offered to the broader public of AUTh and Thessaloniki.
The spring semester of Chinese language courses for the academic year 2021-2022 covers the period from February 14, 2022, to June 19, 2022.
Students, both male and female, as well as citizens above the age of 18, who are interested in enrolling for the spring semester, are kindly requested to read the announcement carefully and complete the application form by February 10, 2022. here.
General Information About Courses:
- Classes will take place once (1) a week, with English as the primary language of communication with the teacher.
- Specifically, there will be three academic hours (40 minutes each) once a week (15-16 weeks per semester).
- At the end of each semester, students at AUTh undergo a final assessment, and a certificate of attendance is issued. The assessment results do not affect whether a student can continue to attend the same or the next cycle of courses in the following semester.
- In the spring semester of 2021-2022, the following levels are offered:
A. Elementary A
B. Elementary B
C. Elementary C
D. Elementary D
E. Intermediate A
A. For the Elementary A level, the following sections are offered:
- A1 Tuesday 7:30-9:30 Taught by Mr. Chen Sen. Face-to-face, if conditions permit and according to the guidelines of AUTh. Otherwise, classes will be held online (8 SEATS).
- A2 Wednesday 7:30-9:30 Taught by Mr. Chen Sen. Online only (14 SEATS).
- A3 Thursday 6:30-8:30 Taught by Mr. Chen Sen. Online only (14 SEATS).
B. For the Elementary B level, the following sections are offered:
- B1 Monday 6:30-8:30 Taught by Mr. Chen Sen In person, if conditions permit and following the guidelines of AUTH. Otherwise, classes will be held online. (8 SEATS).
- B2 Friday 7:30-9:30 Taught by Mr. Chen Sen Online only (14 SEATS).
C. For Elementary C level, the following sections are available:
- C1 Tuesday 5:00-7:30 Taught by Ms. Lyu Yiwen Only online. (14 SEATS).
- C2 Thursday 6:00-8:30 Taught by Ms. Lyu Yiwen In person, if conditions allow and in accordance with the guidelines of the AUTH. Otherwise, the classes will be held online. (8 SEATS).
D. Για το επίπεδο Elementary D προσφέρονται τα εξής τμήματα:
- D1 Monday 6:00-8:00 Taught by Ms. Lyu Yiwen Only online. (14 SEATS).
- D2 Wednesday 5:00-7:00 Taught by Ms. Lyu Yiwen In person, provided that the conditions allow it and in accordance with the guidelines of the AUTH. Otherwise, the lessons will be held online. (8 SEATS).
E. For Intermediate A level, the following section is offered:
Friday 6:00-8:00 Taught by Ms. Lyu Yiwen Online Only. (14 SPOTS).
- Whenever "Online Only" is mentioned in the schedule, the course will be conducted entirely remotely in all cases to serve our students, including those outside Thessaloniki.
- The remaining classes are scheduled to be conducted in-person at the Confucius Institute, 32 Vasilissis Irakliou, provided that conditions permit, following the guidelines of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. All necessary safety measures will be observed for in-person classes.
- Confucius Institute reserves the right to change the schedule as deemed necessary with notification to the students.
The cost for the semester is:
Για Elementary A, B, C, D:
- 150 euros for undergraduate students (with a student ID):
- 170 euros for employees working at AUTh (with proof of employment)
- 170 euros for unemployed individuals (with unemployment card)
- 200 euros for employed individuals/general category (no proof required)
Για Intermediate A:
- 170 euros for undergraduate students (with student ID).
- 190 euros for employees working at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (with supporting documentation).
- 190 euros for unemployed individuals (with unemployment card).
- 220 euros for employed individuals/general category (no proof required)
The above-mentioned price will include the textbooks used in the courses.
Student Selection Process
- Student selection is based on the date of submission of their online application and completion of their registration.
- Within two days of submitting the application, you will receive an informative message indicating whether it has been accepted and providing instructions for completing the registration.
- Registration is completed by immediately paying the tuition fee that corresponds to you.
- In case the tuition fees are not paid, the position becomes available to the next interested person based on the order of application submission.
- Please carefully read the registration instructions. here.
- Please check your spam folder regularly.
If you wish to enroll but encounter any difficulties, we are at your disposal for communication via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can stay updated with our news at:
Facebook Group & Page:
Confucius Institute at A.U.Th