Teaching of the Chinese Language by the Confucius Institute of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The Confucius Institute was established at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) in December 2018 and is a collaborative project between AUTh, Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), and the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
The "Confucius Institute" is a non-profit educational organization with the primary goal of contributing to the preservation and dissemination of the intellectual heritage of both countries. Its purposes include teaching and promoting the Chinese language, developing collaborative educational and research programs among universities, and promoting Chinese culture through various cultural and educational events offered to the broader public of AUTh and Thessaloniki.
The Elementary A Chinese Language Course (A Semester) will start in the winter semester of the academic year 2021-2022 and covers the period 20/9/2021 -23/1/2022.
All students and citizens of Thessaloniki, aged 18 and above, who are interested in enrolling in the A semester, are kindly requested to initially complete the expression of interest form they will find. here.
Information about the courses:
The classes will take place once a week, with English as the main language of communication with the teacher. Specifically, there will be 16 three-hour academic classes.
There is the option to choose between the classes, with a maximum capacity of 15 people (please note your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices on the registration form). Please make at least two (2) selections.
- A1 on Monday from 18:30 to 20:30 with Chen Sen.
- A2 on Wednesday from 19:30 to 21:30 with Chen Sen.
- A3 on Friday from 19:30 to 21:30 with Chen Sen ONLINE.
- In cases where the program mentions 'online,' the lesson will be conducted exclusively through distance learning in order to accommodate our students who are outside Thessaloniki.
- The remaining sections are scheduled to be conducted in person, provided that the conditions allow, following the guidelines of AUTh.
- Confucius Institute reserves the right to change the schedule as deemed necessary with notification to the students.
The cost for the semester is:
- 150 euros for undergraduate students (with a student ID):
- 170 euros for employees working at AUTh (with proof of employment)
- 170 euros for unemployed individuals (with unemployment card)
- 200 euros for working individuals/general category (postgraduate students).
The above price will also include the books used in the courses (New Practical Chinese Reader 1 Textbook & Workbook).
At the end of each semester, your final evaluation takes place at the Confucius Institute at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and a certificate of attendance is provided. The evaluation results do not affect your eligibility to attend the same or the next cycle of courses in the following semester.
Student Selection Process
- The initial selection of students will be based on the date of submission of the expression of interest application and will continue until all sections are filled.
- The selected individuals will be immediately notified via email to complete their registration by paying the tuition fee amount assigned to them within the given deadline.
- In case the tuition fees are not paid, the spot will be available for the next interested individual based on the order of application submission.
ATTENTION: Please check your correspondence frequently, including the 'Junk/Spam' folder.
Please inform us if you wish to register but encounter any difficulty.
We are at your disposal for communication via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.